ACHD Core Curriculum Course
October 10 @ 8:00 am - October 11 @ 5:00 pm£200 – £300
The world of Adult Congenital Heart Disease (ACHD) is changing rapidly. The number of patients is growing fast and the complexity of their conditions increases year on year. Many UK cardiology trainees find it difficult to access training in ACHD and general cardiology consultants may feel ill-equipped at times to deal with these unfamiliar patients. To meet this training need, the BCS has designed a new course for UK and international cardiology trainees and consultants.
Over 2 days a national faculty of expert ACHD Cardiologists will lead delegates through a series of lectures, case based discussions and interactive Q&A sessions.
At the end of the course, delegates will
- Have improved general understanding of ACHD conditions and their management
- Understand the operations which were performed for the different underlying conditions, their long term sequelae and complications
- Understand the Fontan circulation and how it works, and what happens when it doesn’t work well
- Feel more confident about dealing with ACHD patients in acute situations
- Know who and when to refer onto specialist centres.