- This event has passed.
Introduction to Cardiac CT
May 15 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm£25
This elementary study day is aimed at clinicians (Cardiologists, Radiologists, Nuclear Physicians) who
have little or no prior exposure to Cardiac CT. There is no hands-on training as the aim is to provide
basic knowledge about CT technique and introduce key concepts.
The course material using 50 case demonstrations and 7 lectures would support application to Level 1 Accreditation.
1. What your clinical Cardiologist expects from Cardiac CT
2. Pre-procedure preparation
3. Technical principles including different gating techniques, acquisition parameters, dose reduction
strategies and post-processing tools
4. Mitigation of image artifacts
5. Normal anatomy and variants
6. Coronary and non-coronary applications
7. Pre-TAVI measurements
8. Aortic imaging and triple rule-outs
9. Non-cardiac findings
This course will be a primer for candidates who want to learn the inherent principles of Cardiac CT
and also facilitate those who want to proceed to formal accreditation